Thursday 10 January 2013

Waiting…

A tiny bird, scared of her life;
Scared of what is happening to her,
Trying to keep her tired wings
And aching heart steady..

Each spiteful word and each faithless deed
Shakes the twig on which she holds
Oh how she holds, so close to a fall
Her eyes betraying the terror in her heart

He stands below, helplessly looking
Without any right to pick her up
Oh, how he wishes his palms could cover her
If only she trusts him enough …

Each time, a storm rattles the twig
He sends a prayer to the Almighty above
If she has to go through this fall,
Please let her fall to my outstretched arms

I will be the pillar where she could perch
I could be the balm to her aching heart
And when she is ready to soar again high
I will set her free with a silent prayer…

When dreams of flight tires her again
She might realize my love for her
Then the flight back home begins
And my waiting ends….


9 comments:

sm said...

beautiful poem
very touchy

Jyoti Mishra said...

beautiful expressions..
the way u personified the birds is very lovely..
the struggle and conflicts,.. well expressed :)

Amrit said...

Very good

Anonymous said...

Beautiful as ever... :)

strange.friendships said...

Thank you...sm. I visit your blog regularly but I have difficulty commenting. Unless someone comments before me, I dont know from where to take comments... Could you help..

By the way I am gonna try some of the tricks to arrest hair fall... :)

strange.friendships said...

Thank you Jyoti... But I like more the way you express ...

strange.friendships said...

Thank you Amrit Ji...

strange.friendships said...

Thank you, but no where near you...

Felicity Grace Terry said...

How beautiful and so heartfelt, I love this verse.

To answer the question you left on my post about the Poorhouse ..... After 1930, the workhouse became a Public Assistance Institution, later known as Heath House Hostel and then just Heath House.
The former workhouse buildings no longer exist.
In the early 1900s, a pair of cottage homes were erected on a small separate site just to the west of the workhouse.